Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I know your wondering


I know a lot of people have seen this picture and wondered the story behind it because well I know its a differnt side nobody has seen. Well here it is, I took this image about 9 months ago. It was to express a lonely time in my life when I was trying to get over an old relationship. It was therapy to put an actual image to my feelings. It explains how I felt alone, vulnerable and curled up into a little ball where nobody could reach me. I took this for my personal use and never expected to use it for anything, especially not my portfolio where everybody would be seeing it. One day I decided to show my instructor and she feel in love with it. It's been interesting to show people because it's so personal to me and it also shows another side to my photography.

4 comments:

michelle said...

I Love it! I think its great you shared it with us!

Sammi Kate Photography said...

Wow!!!! Amy I am glad that you did share that with us!

Art Alley said...

So glad you're open about this. I love self portraits and this one is great.

ryan tyrl said...

These are the best kind!