Monday, November 10, 2008

Looking for a good midrange camera




Recently my friend Rue asked if I could help her find a good camera that was a little more than a point and shoot but not as advanced as my camera (an SLR), and it be in the $300 range.
Here's what I came up with:
The Canon SX 110 IS- I liked because it's known to be fast and it's ISO range is 80-3200. 9 mpix

The Canon SX 100 IS- The older version of the 110 doesn't have as wide of range for the ISO. 8 mpix. Both have the 10x optical zoom, but the 100 is currently cheaper than the 110.

The Canon s5 IS- has a 12x zoom and a feature I really enjoy is it has a hot shoe adapter for a flash. 8 mpix
After looking at only Canons because Those were the ones she wanted me to predominately look at I decided to compare some other brands.

The Fujifilm Finepix s2000 HD- has a 15x zoom and a 100-6400 ISO range. 10 mpix. But also had something none of the Canons had a reduced power usage! All four of the cameras I mentioned take AA batteries witch is no fun replacing, but with reduced power usage and a cheaper price tag, I would consider the Fuji.

Of course I had to throw in a Nikon Camera so I looked at the Nikon P80- With an 18x zoom and a Lithium Ion battery pack. Both great features. 10 mpix, but this camera is a little more expensive than the others.
Overall I would recommend any of them for my friend and think it depends on what features you want, and how much money you want to spend, overall they all compare pretty closely.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks so much LyLy! I took down my blog because I ceased caring. But I still heart yours.
Thanks for rounding these up. So, you think the Fuji one will give me more of what I want or the same things as the Canon but with longer battery time? How does the battery last better? I miss plug in cameras...sign. i couldnt figure out how much the fuji one cost, do you know? also, isnt fuji buying the polaroid technology?
and you like the nikon best because it is your style and the better one but it is too pricey?