Monday, November 17, 2008

Midnight with Mimi!


I'm so excited! Midnight with Mimi a delightful new children's book is now officially published and for sale! The book is based on a true story about Mimi and one of her grandchildren Caroline. Joanna Addison(Mimi), the author is my best friends grandmother and I have had the pleasure to be around while the book was being created, and be the official photographer for the picture on the back of the book of her and her grandchildren. One of the very interesting things Mimi spent a lot of time with was having the illustrations look similar to her and even the layout of her home. The illustrator Jessia Lawrence spent a lot of time studying the house and re-drawing images to fit what Mimi wanted to portray, in the end the extra time and effort was worth it I think! You can own a copy yourself, I know I can't wait to get mine!

No comments: