Monday, December 1, 2008

Photo Restoration!


This is my mothers Wedding photo, that I found with a plastic knife stuck to it and decided to restore it! It took me forever, as you can see I started with just color correcting it and getting the actual image to look pleasing. Then the fun began, the obvious thing I had to fix was the giant discolored line going over my mom. Let's just say there was a LOT of patch tool and clone stamp going on and went back and forth a lot between the two. The hardest parts were her right arm, her Bouquet, and her Vail mainly because I didn't have much information that matched well to replace the dirty parts with. I decided to add a couple touches in the end like taking out the picture frame in the background, to make the picture look that much more pleasing. I am very happy with the results especially because I did this when I was first learning photoshop. Photo restoration is great method and skill to know because a lot of people have old photos they want to fix and preserve including turning it into a digital file. So if if ever need a photo restored let me know!

No comments: